The Bridge Youth & Family Services Society is a not-for-profit, registered charity that has provided innovative and quality programming to the children, youth and families of the Central Okanagan since 1969. Governed by a committed Board of Directors, led by a seasoned Executive Director, and supported by a team of more than 75 professional staff and volunteers, the organization has consistently demonstrated its capacity to meet the needs of the community it serves.
To fulfil its mission to build healthy and positive lives through counseling, education and support, The Bridge Youth & Family Services currently focuses on five broad service areas, which include:
- Parenting Education and Support
- Addictions Services (Withdrawal Management and Intensive Residential Treatment)
- Children, Youth and Family Counselling
- Residential, Foster Home and Caregiver Support
- Youth and Young Adult Outreach and Transition Services
Ultimately, the aim of The Bridge is to positively affect the lives of children, youth and families through leadership in policy development and innovative programming locally, provincially and nationally. The work we do is informed and guided by the following established principles and core values: